To mark Staffordshire Day on Wednesday 1st May, we are launching a competition to find fabulous photos for our next Kinver calendar. The 2019 calendar was the first venture of its kind for Kinver Community Library and it was very well received, but this time we’re giving the public the chance to contribute and feature in the calendar by submitting their photos of local scenes, and we’re sure the 2020 calendar will be even better!
We’re hoping for lots of entries, via the website here (no hard copies please), between now and early September, after which we’ll open it up to a public vote to find the most popular images. There are some rules and regulations, of course, and these should tell you all you need to know if you’d like to take part:
- The competition is open to amateur photographers of all ages and entry is free
- Entries must be uploaded to the competition page on https://www.kinvercommunitylibrary.co.uk/library-calendar-contest/
- Competition launch date 01/05/19 (Staffordshire Day), Closing date 07/09/19
- No more than three entries per person
- All entries must clearly represent scenes in Kinver or the Parish of Kinver
- Pictures must be landscape format and without people
- Pictures should be 5MB or less in size, and no more than 1920px by 1080px
- There will be a public vote online during September and October
- No photographer will have more than one photo in the finished calendar
- Photographers must be willing to have their name displayed with their photo
- Copyright remains with individual photographers, although Kinver Community Library reserves the right to use the photos in publicity
The finished calendar will be in “Wiro Booklet” format, featuring A4 photos and A4 date grid for each month with space to insert appointments or notes; it will be available for sale from the library from mid-November. Happy snapping!